Volunteers: We need you!
Here's a listing of current volunteer opportunities:
School store We need volunteers to open the store during the week and help students with their purchases.
Committees Check out all the different committees for additional information. Opportunities are available to chair events or to help out.
Help in the Media Center If you are a cleared volunteer and have an hour to spare, please help out in the media center. Please stop by the media center to find out more or contact Ms. Portela.
Contact our volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Create or renew your volunteer status with Miami-Dade schools
If you are new to Miami-Dade public schools, you'll need to create an account on the MDCPS website before you can register as a volunteer. To do this, you will need to ask for your child's MDCPS student ID and a 6-digit PIN number from the Sunset front office. Once you have created an account, you can register.
1. Log into your DadeSchools.net parent portal account.
2. Click the "Apps|Services|Sites" link at the top of the page.
3. Click "Be A School Volunteer" from the grid of links.
4. Select "Sunset Elementary" from the drop-down list of schools, check off as many Service Activites that interest you, then click "Submit".
5. Visit Sunset's front office and present photo ID to complete the process.
If you registered last year, you will need to reconfirm your registration (reselecting your school and activities) every year. It only takes a few minutes and you'll need it to volunteer on campus during the school year.